How to Trade Crypto in Huobi
1. Trading by buying or selling the choice of your paring of coins
How to trade in Exchange
- Limit Order: Specified your price to buy and sell
- Market Order: Best market price at the particular moment
2. Basic understanding of the project:
- Under Markets, select on a token, scroll over to Overview on the right, scroll down to Link.
- Under Orders - Exchange Margin Orders - Open Orders to view any unexecuted order which can be “ Cancel “
- Under Order History to view any executed order and information of order in “ Detail “
Alternatively, you may also view the Open Orders / Order History in the exchange
"Stop-limit" order refers to the pre-set stop (trigger) price and limit price and amount after trigger. When the latest price reaches the trigger price, the order will be placed according to the pre-set price to help users maintain profits or reduce losses.
Introduction of Stop-Limit Orders
Description of parameters:
Description of risk control:
Stop loss scenario.
Take BTC/USDT pair for example. Suppose that you buy 10 BTC at the price of 3764.05 USDT. The price around 3615.45 USDT is the support level and if the price falls below the support level, it will continue to fall and your loss should be stopped in time. You can sell 10 BTC at a price of 3591.13 USDT. Use the following parameters to set the stop-limit order:
Stop: 3615.45 USDT.
Limit: 3591.13 USDT.
Amount: 10 BTC.
Stop profit scenario.
Take BTC/USDT pair for example. The current price of BTC is 3772.31 USDT. Through indicator analysis, the resistance level of BTC is around 3865.45 USDT. If the price breaks through resistance level, it will continue to rise. You can buy 20 BTC at a price of 3915.15 USDT. Use the following parameters to set the stop-limit order:
Stop: 3865.45 USDT.
Limit: 3915.15 USDT.
Amount: 20 BTC.
Frequently asked questions:
- Place an order: You turn on "Order confirmation" in your personal settings. Enter the stop price, limit price, and amount in the transaction panel, and then click "Buy" or "Sell". The system window prompts you for double confirmation, and the system will not carry out the stop-limit order unless you authorize it.
- Inquiry: If you authorize a stop-limit order to be issued, you can query the order record in the "Open orders", and after the order is triggered, the "Trigger condition" field will be highlighted in green. After the stop-limit order is fully filled, the records can be checked in the Order History.
- Cancel order: If you want to cancel the stop-limit order, you always cancel it before the order is fully filled.
How to use “Trigger Order” FunctionHuobi Global has now launched the function of “Trigger Order” and invite you to experience it!
Trigger Order means that when the latest market transaction price reaches the trigger conditions, the system will place orders according to the pre-set price and quantity set in advance.
The features of Trigger Order are as follows:
1. The “Trigger Order” order function now is available in the spot and margin trading section (not apply to “Quick Margin” at the moment), and it applies to two types of orders, limit and market. The order quantity and price must follow the existing trading restrictions.
2. The assets corresponding to the order will not be blocked before the Trigger Order is conducted. After the Trigger Order is conducted (when placing an order to buy or sell according to the pre-set price and quantity), the assets corresponding to the order will be blocked.
3. The Trigger Order may not necessarily be triggered. Affected by factors such as price restrictions, account balances, trading pair delisting, network abnormalities or system upgrades, the Trigger Order may fail to be triggered.
4. The transaction may not necessarily be completed after the Trigger Order is triggered. Affected by market conditions, when the market fluctuates greatly and the price rises or falls sharply, the limit order or market order after the Trigger Order is triggered may not necessarily be traded.
(1) The limit order that is successfully triggered by the Trigger Order is the same as the ordinary limit order and the order is placed at the order price set by the user in advance. The so-called limit order means that when the price of the pending to sell is lower than the current market price, it will be traded at the market price. When the price of a pending order to buy is higher than the current market price, it will be executed at the market price. The order cannot be guaranteed to be filled and it depends entirely on the current market conditions.
(2) The market order that is successfully triggered by the Trigger Order is the same as the ordinary market order. It is bought or sold at the current market price according to the buying amount or selling quantity set by the user in advance. The order cannot be guaranteed to be filled and it depends entirely on the current market conditions.
Trigger price: When the latest transaction price reaches the set trigger price, the order will be triggered to be placed.
Order price: Namely the buying price and the selling price. When the latest price reaches the trigger price, the system automatically orders the order price. If you select the limit order, the system will automatically place an order at the buy/sell price you set. If you choose the market price, the system will automatically place the order at the market price when it is triggered.
Quantity: it means the “order quantity” after the Trigger Order is triggered. If you select the limit order, the quantity is the buy/sell quantity you set. If you select the market order, it is the total amount you set when you buy and the total selling quantity you set when selling.
A user holds 5 BTC spot, with an average price of 10,000 USDT each. The user believes that around 9800 is an important support level. If the price breaks the support level, there will be a big drop. In order to avoid large losses, it is necessary to set a Trigger Order for stop loss and liquidation.
1.1 Specific operation method:
Order placement method 1: Select “Trigger Order”, set the trigger price of 9800 USDT, the selling price of 9790, the order quantity is 5 BTC and click the “Sell” button to complete the order.
Order placement method 2: Select “Trigger Order”, set the trigger price of 9800 USDT, select “Market”, enter the quantity, and click the “Sell” button to complete the order. When the latest trading price reaches 9800 USDT, the Trigger Order will be triggered, and it will be quickly sold at the current market price to avoid missing the market.
1.2 Order view
View untriggered Trigger Orders: After the order is successfully placed, you can view the order in “Trigger Order”, and you can cancel the Trigger Order before it is triggered.
View completed Trigger Orders: After the order is successfully triggered, you can view the historical order records in the “Trigger Order” record in “History”. Cancelled orders and orders that failed to be triggered can be viewed in “History”. For orders that have failed to be triggered, you can click the "?" of the failed trigger to view the reason for the failure.
A user wants to buy BTC at a suitable point. The user believes that around 10084 USDT is an important resistance level. If the price breaks through the resistance level, there will be a large increase. In order not to miss the market, it is necessary to set up a Trigger Order to chase the increase.
2.1 Specific operation method:
Order placement method 1: Select “Trigger Order”, set trigger price as 10084 USDT, buy price 10090, order quantity 5 BTC, click the “Buy BTC” button to complete the order.
Order placement method 2: Select “Trigger Order”, set the trigger price as 10084 USDT, select “Market”, enter the trading amount, and click the “Buy” button to complete the order. When the latest trading price reaches 10084 USDT, the Trigger Order will be triggered, and the purchase will be made quickly at the current market price to avoid missing the market.
2.2 Order view
View untriggered Trigger Orders: After the order is successfully placed, you can view the order in “Trigger Order”, and you can cancel the Trigger Order before it is triggered.
View completed Trigger Orders: After the order is successfully triggered, you can view the historical order records in the “Trigger Order” record in “Order History”. Cancelled orders and orders that have failed to be triggered can be viewed in the “Order History”. For orders that have failed to be triggered, you can click “Details” to view the reason for the failure.
Thank you for your support to Huobi. We will continue to provide you with a more convenient experience and better service!
Huobi Futures Tutorial（Web page）1. Visit "https://www.huobi.bi/zh-cn/"，click "Contract (Futures)".
2.The system will prompt you to open futures trading service when you log into Huobi Futures for the first time.
3. Users need to complete Risk Verification first when open trading permission. Then click “Next step”. Read through the user agreement, accept and submit the agreement. Finishing all steps, users will get access to Huobi Futures and start trading.
4.After finishing Risk Verification, users could check account UID, AccountSecurity and Fee Rate on the top-right corner.
5.Click ‘Transfer’ button as the screenshot shows ( or click the “Assets” button (on the top of the home page), turning into assets page and finding “Transfer” button here). If you do not have assets in your account, please click “buy coins” button, jumping to Huobi OTC.
The transfer interface will pop up, where users can transfer assets from "Exchange Account" to "Futures Account" by entering quantity and selecting corresponding digital currency. The final step is to click "Confirm".
Notice: Currently, only spot accounts and futures accounts mutual transferring is available.
6. After transferring, users can find the total assets and account equity around the left corner on the top of the home page. Then, users can start to trade on Huobi Futures (if users want to hide their account assets and equity, please click the "eye" icon).
7. Please select the Futures types you want to invest, for example, BTC Bi-Quarterly futures.
8. Futures supports leverage up to 125x. If users select leverage higher than 20x, they need to read and accept High-Leverage Agreement.
After choosing leverage, users can use Limit order or Trigger order to open positions. If users support a bullish outlook, they caould open long. If users are bearish, then could open short.
- Limit order: The user needs to specify the price and quantity of the order. They could also choose BBO, Optimal 5 to set price. The limit order specifies the highest price that users are willing to buy or the lowest price that they are willing to sell. After the user sets the limit price, the market will prioritize the transaction at a price that is favorable to the user. Limit orders can be used to open and close positions.The unfilled part is automatically converted into a pending order and waiting for a deal. There are three types of limit order in advanced order. They are “Post only”、IOC (Immediately or Cancel)” and “FOK (Fill or Kill)”. Limit order is default settings.
- Trigger order:Trigger order is a pre-set order, that users place ahead with an order price and contracts amount (like a limit order), which will only be triggered under specific conditions (a trigger price/trigger).
- Taker Follow a Maker
Taker refers to the limit buy order or limit sell order according to the market price of the user s selected gear and the amount calculated by Available Assets Proportion / Available Close proportion (or the amount in the order book). With the “Taker” function, you can select ‘IOC” or “FOK’ effective mechanisms which mean that the unfilled order will be cancelled if they cannot be executed on the market immediately or the entire order will be cancelled if they cannot be fully executed. When the effective mechanism is not selected, the price limit order defaults to ‘always effective’.
9. Users can find filled orders in Current Holdings, and unfilled orders in Open Orders which can be withdrawn before filled.
10. When come to close positions, users can also select Limit Order or Trigger Order to close long/short positions.
11. Click the “Information” on the left top of navigation bar to check "Contract Data", "Delivery and settlement", "Insurance Fund", etc.
12. On the top right of "Derivatives Assets" navigation page, users could click "Transaction Records" , "Order History" and "Transaction History" etc to check trading data.
Huobi Futures Operation Guide (APP)1.Log in to Huobi APP and you will see "Contract" in the bottom navigation bar. Users can click the avatar in the upper left corner of the "Home" page to view account UID, account center, settings and other information and enter the contact customer service channel. If you have not installed Huobi APP, please click to download:
2. Click "Contract" in the bottom navigation bar to enter contract trading, and click the list button in the upper left corner to select any delivery contract transaction. If you have not yet opened a delivery contract transaction, click "Open Contract Transaction" and click "OK" on the prompt page.
On the contract opening page, identity verification is required before identity verification is completed. After the identity authentication is completed, enter the user service agreement page. After reading, click "OK", the contract transaction is successfully opened.
3. After Huobi Futures opened. After that, click "···" in the upper right corner of the interface, click "Margin Transfer" in the list, a "prompt" about the full position mode will pop up, click "OK".
On the "Transfer" page, choose to transfer from "Exchange" to "Futures Account", select the currency to transfer, then enter the amount to be transferred, and finally click "Transfer". Currently only supports the exchange between "exchange" and "futures accounts".
4.After the transfer is completed, user can see the account equity in the upper left corner of the page.
Click the list button in the upper left corner and choose your desired contract (such as "BTC Quarter 0626") from the pop-up menu.
5.Select the leverage multiplier depending on the situation. User can choose to open a position with "Limit Order" or "Trigger Order". If you predict the price will rise, open long. Sell short vice versa.
- Limit Order:
Method 2: When selecting the “BBO (Best Bid Offer)” or “The Optimal Top N BBO Price Order”, only quantity needs to be entered to place the order.
Advanced Order: Post Only only makes Maker orders, and will not immediately trade in the market. If the order will immediately deal with the existing order, the order will be cancelled. User are ensured to be a Maker. Post only is limited only by the number of user positions. The single order is not restricted by the number of orders placed.
The advanced limit order on Web and APP only supports the Post Only now. Other order placement methods will be added later. Check out this link for more details:
Trigger Oder: Enter trigger price, price and quantity to place the order.
6.The completed transaction is displayed in the “Positions”, and the unfilled transaction is displayed in the “Limit order” and “Trigger order” (the order can be cancelled before the deal). If you want to view the current unfilled orders, you can pull down the page, or click "All". In the pop-up interface, click "Order History" to view the history of the last three months.
7.To close a position, users can click the “Close Short” to clear your Short Position, if you want to clear your Long Position, Click the “Close Long”.
- Switch to the closing interface, and select “Limit Order” or “Trigger Order” to close the position. Click “Close Long” or ”Close Short” .
- Switch to the position interface and select "Flash Close".
8.Click "…" in the upper right corner of the page to find “Settings” and view more “Contract Information”.
9.Click "Balances" in the right bottom corner, choose "Contract Account " and contract type to view contract bill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Hello, trigger order may fail to be placed due to price limit, position limit, lack of margin, contracts in not-allowed-trading-status, network issues, system issues, etc. Therefore, to avoid trigger order failure due to price limit mechanism, it’s highly suggested not to pre-set the trigger price too close to the limit price.
Why does the trigger order fail due to price limit?
What is cross margin mode?Cross-margin mode is available in Huobi Futures: the same digital currency asset of your account will be used as margin of all the open positions of that digital currency.
For example, if you open one position of BTC contracts, then all the BTC in your account will be the margin of that position, and if you open several positions of BTC contracts, then all the BTC in your account will be the margin shared by these open positions. The profits and losses of positions of one digital currency can be mutually offset.
Why cant I open positions?You may not open positions under the below situations:
1. Available margin is not enough to open positions, cause we have the minimum amount requirements when open positions.
2. The order price is out of the range of price limits.
3. The amount exceeds the upper limit of single orders.
4. The number of positions exceed the upper limit for an individual investor.
5. Positions may only be closed within 10 min before settlement.
6. The positions are taken over by system.
Why are there limits for order price and quantities?In order to avoid risk and protect users, we take some measures, such as restricting the prices and quantities of orders.
If the limits are triggered, you can only close positions. Please refer to help centre for details. Thanks for your understanding and support.
Source: Huobi Blog - huobitrading.com | How to Trade Crypto in Huobi - https://huobitrading.com/how-to-trade-crypto-in-huobi-051720
Tags huobi trading fees huobi fees huobi trading pairs huobi margin trading huobi spot trading huobi futures trading huobi futures tutorial how to use futures in huobi huobi trade history trading on huobi trade on huobi huobi how to trade huobi margin trading usa how to trade huobi huobi buy crypto buy crypto on huobi buy usdt huobi trade on huobi app huobi trading trade crypto on huobi trade cryptocurrency on huobi trade on huobi for beginners trade btc on huobi how trade on huobi trade on huobi desktop how to start huobi trading trade with huobi trade bitcoin huobi trade btc huobi trade crypto huobi trade huobi tutorial trading in huobi how to trade in huobi how to buy crypto huobi how to buy crypto in huobi buy crypto in huobi buy cryptocurrency in huobi how to buy btc in huobi how to buy bitcoin in huobi how to sell crypto in huobi sell cryptocurrency in huobi how to sell btc in huobi how to sell bitcoin in huobi guide to cryptocurrency trading